Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my newest blog.  If you've read my blog Open Eyes then you know why I've started this blog.

I am 24 years old, a wife, a mother, a volunteer, a photographer, and a health and wellness educator!  I was a victim.


April is sexual assault awareness month and the perfect time to start sharing my past with everyone.

This blog will be all about my past.  I had once thought about writing a book about the abuse I went through (even tried to write some of it down) but found that it was really hard to do.  I have some black walls in my memory from my childhood that makes trying to remember or retell the whole story hard.

I hope to give other victims hope, and inspiration, and someone to relate to.  I also want to raise awareness with this blog.  I've been around a lot of people who have made jokes about sexual assault and they didn't even know how much it bothered me and how I wanted to scream "it's not funny! I'm that person that you're cracking a joke at." But I never did because I felt so below everyone else that it didn't matter.  No one should feel that way, and by sharing my story I hope that it makes other people aware of how real sexual abuse is and that you don't always know what the people around you have gone through or are going through.


No comments:

Post a Comment